Are You Wondering If Wellness is Really Worth it?
Danielle Pointon- Certified Fitwel Ambassador
If you take a strategic approach to building your worksite wellness program, great things CAN happen. You start shifting your culture into one of well-being. Your employees know you care about them and their health. Employees will engage and make health changes, your clients and customers will value your commitment to your staff and corporate citizenship. Health risks go down. Productivity and Presenteeism goes up. You can better recruit and retain employees. You see measurable results. Sounds great, right?
Worksite wellness and your Corporate Mission to wellness should be treated just like any other business initiative in your company. Unfortunately, it rarely gets the attention it deserves. Often the responsibilities are thrown on an overworked HR person who already has too much on their plate or another person trying to be a jack of all trades.
For a one on one consultation on the benefits I could provide your organization, please contact me at 902-440-1974. Each organization is unique and will have their own set of action items.
Questions you should ask yourself:
- Have you established a team, that is developing policies and providing information as the covid-19 pandemic continues to change the way we do business? How is this communicated?
- Have you shifted your day to day business communications to embrace the social media tools available? It is critical to let your customers, associate partners, employees understand how you are adapting. Consistency on your advertising mediums is important. Ie. Facebook content, Instagram content, Linked in, Twitter etc. Your brand is who you are!
- Do your employees know who to go to for wellness information? If they have a chronic illness- how are they feeling? Do they have someone to talk too about their concerns with working and safety protocol?
- Does your website convey your strategy towards your Corporate Wellness commitment?
- Can you help your customers with “outreach” on their wellness programs?
- Do you know how to do a employee engagement health check? Workplace surveys etc.
These are a few of the areas I dive into to start the discussions and planning for your success, lets evolve together and adapt a safe, communicative and productive corporate mission that inspires health, wellness and caring for each other.
Wishing everyone much wellness!